If you own a home, you certainly want to make sure its protected. Homeowners insurance covers you in the event of damage due to both weather and non-weather related losses. Basic coverages in a homeowner’s insurance policy include:
- can pay to repair or rebuild your home if damaged due to a covered loss.
- can pay to replace items that may be damaged or destroyed by a covered loss which includes furniture, clothing, and electronics. Special limits apply to certain items such as jewelry, firearms, fine art, collectibles, and instruments.
Loss of Use—coverage
- can pay for additional living expenses while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.
- can help protect from a lawsuit in the event a member of your household is responsible for causing bodily injury or property damage to others.
- can pay for covered damages to detached structures such as garages, sheds, and fences on your property.